As a dynamic, innovation-focused company, we offer challenging careers with ample room for personal growth and development. A role with us also gives you the opportunity to help improve people’s lives in a tangible manner.
Interested in joining our team?
You can submit your CV/resume indicating your areas of interest by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
AAT is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer. The key focus of this role is the delivery of embedded software for medical devices whilst ensuring quality of code and design in adherence to product specifications and schedule.
- Design and Development of new products:
- Participate in the full life cycle of most projects (analyse functional requirements and translate them to product design)
- Develop low-level firmware to be deployed on microcontrollers interfacing with external sensors, memory devices and communication modules.
- Perform development and implementation of signal processing algorithms to process sensor data.
- Work with the rest of the R&D department to aid in the circuit design of new hardware.
- Provide estimates of effort, schedule, and budget to Project Manager.
- Work with software department to ensure interoperability between software and embedded software components.
- Work with the quality department to investigate and correct reported system behavioural abnormalities.
- Proactively participate as member of the project team, supporting team members in meeting project objectives and deliverables.
- Define test protocols to effectively validate embedded software module designs
- Maintain embedded software implemented in company product line.
- Adhere to software quality standards and industry best practices for embedded software development.
- Adhering to standards as indicated by the quality department and in accordance with project needs.
Experience is key but the right individual is likely to hold a university degree in computer science but individuals with a closely related discipline may also be considered. Fluency in English is essential.
Experience / Professional requirement:
Proficiency in C # / C ++and test-driven development
Experience with modern 32-bit processors/microcontrollers e.g. arm and their tool chain
Knowledge of communication peripherals including SPI, I2C, UART
Knowledge of multiple debugging tools and techniques including JTAG/SWD, GDB, oscilloscopes and logic analysers
Ability to read and understand PCB schematics and device datasheets.
Moderate level of electronics knowledge
Highly Desirable (Plus)
– Proven experience with STM 32 Microcontrollers family
– Experience with signal processing
– Possess a thorough understanding of protocol stack concepts and architecture
– Experience with TCP/IP Stack
– Knowledge in Versioning Systems (GIT, SVN,)
– In Code Documentation Knowledge (DOXYGEN format, Code Standards)
– Fabric Test Knowledge
To apply, send your CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org